Say NO To Obamacare
November 2, 2012
Do you know what is in the new health care law?
The official name for the new law is the Patient Protection Affordable Care Act, commonly known as Obamacare.
- Pays for Abortion. PPACA Section 1303
- Pays for sterilization procedures for girls as young as 11 or 12. HHS Mandate
- Cuts $716 BILLION from Medicare.
Centers for Medicare/Medicaid Services report, “Estimated Effects of the ‘Patient Protection & Affordable Act’”
- Pays for physician assisted suicide. PPACA Section 1553
Right to Life of Southwest Indiana Supports Ethical Reform for Health Care
5 Essential Pro-Life Principles for Health Care Reform
- Health care reform laws must expressly prohibit funding for abortion and for insurance coverage for abortion, and must not undermine any existing federal or state restrictions on abortion funding or coverage.
- Health care reform laws must not mandate insurance coverage for abortions, abortion-inducing drugs/devices, or other drugs/devices that can end life.
- Health care reform laws must provide broad protection for the freedom of conscience for individuals, entities, and associations. No person, employer, health care provider, or insurer should be compelled to act contrary to his, her, or its conscience in the payment for, provision of, or performance of health care.
- Health care reform laws must not contain provisions that mandate or encourage the withholding, withdrawal or curtailment of effective life-sustaining treatment to the elderly, terminally ill, chronically ill, the disabled, or other vulnerable persons.
- Federal health care reform laws must not place restrictions on states’ ability to enact and enforce legislation that protects and affirms life. For example, states must be permitted to choose which providers and plans to work with and to determine how money will be spent and who is eligible for funds in their state.